Crédit Agricole S.A. set up in 2003 a Consultative Committee to help the company communicate as effectively as possible with its retail shareholders.
Meetings and tasks
The Consultative Committee meets two times a year to give feedback and suggestions on all communications channels, events and messages aimed at retail shareholders.?
The Committee gives feedback and
- suggestions on all communications channels, events and messages aimed at retail shareholders, including the Annual Report, the Shareholders’ Guide, the Investor & Shareholder Information website, and the Letter to Shareholders. The Committee also comments on the schedules for meetings, conferences and visits planned by the Shareholders’ Club. As a general rule, it provides feedback on all types of information aimed at retail shareholders.
- participates in the preparations for General Meetings. The Committee explains the resolutions submitted for approval by shareholders, comments on the objectives and implications of these resolutions, and reviews the voting procedures.
The first meetings took place in September 2003, February 2004 then in May 2004 for the Annual General Meeting.
Meetings of year 2019
- April 11, 2019 conference call: explanations of resolutions, which will be put to the vote of shareholders at our next General Assembly on May 21, 2019 in Metz (Moselle), presented by Fran?ois Morard, Head of the Group Life Department of the Legal Department.
- In September 18, 2019: The members of the Consultative committee with the individual shareholders of Crédit Agricole S.A, recently renewed by half, met at Crédit Agricole S.A headquarters in Montrouge. The presentation of the new Group Project and Ambitions 2022 was detailed by Clotilde L'Angevin, Director of Financial Communication. The Group’s Corporate Social and Environmental Responsibility (CSR) actions, in connection with the “Social Project” pillar of the Medium-Term Plan (MTP), were presented to them by Eric Campos, Director of CSR. At lunch time, Jér?me Brunel, Secretary General of Crédit Agricole S.A. and Clotilde L'Angevin shared the table of members who were able to ask their questions and exchange live. Several topics were discussed on the MTP, the strategy (commercial, geographical, IT, etc.) and current events of the Group, as well as questions on the results of the second half of the year. In the afternoon, a presentation from the Financial Communication Department was given to them by a representative from each division: Investor Relations, Rating Agency and Debt Investor Relations, and Individual Shareholder Relations. The day ended with a visit to the Evergreen site.
Meetings of year 2018
- In January 16th, 2018: the Consultative committee with the individual shareholders of Crédit Agricole S.A. met in " 19 LCL " boulevard of the Italians, the historic place of the Crédit Lyonnais. Committee members were welcomed by Laure Belluzzo, Director of functioning of LCL, which then presented them the organization, the results, the development and the strategy of this bank. Cyril Meilland, Director of financial communication of Crédit Agricole S.A led the second part of the day, by answering all the questions on the obligation for Crédit Agricole S.A. to delete the dividend increased before ending on a presentation of the various valuation methods of shares and specificities of the banking sector. To close this meeting, the liaison committee was able to visit prestigious immovable of " 19 LCL ".
- In April 23rd, 2018: the Consultative committee with the individual shareholders of Crédit Agricole S.A. met in the office of Crédit Agricole S.A to Montrouge. The members viewed the educational movies, concerning the " Interview of the Chairman "and" the resolutions of the General Meetings then Patricia Lottin, lawyer, of the Legal Affairs, explained all the resolutions which will be proposed in the vote of the shareholders in Paris. At lunch time, Jér?me Brunel, Corporate Secretary and Cyril Meilland, Director of financial communication, Crédit Agricole S.A. shared the table of the members who were able to exchange and to ask their live questions. Several themes were approached on the current events of the Group generally, the politics of the dividend, the executive compensation, the strategy of the specialised businesses of the Group but also the politics SER. In first part of the afternoon, Tanguy de Crédit Agricole CIB of the department Global Coverage presented " The long-sustainable finance at Cacib " with the corporate and environmental stakes, the needs in debt to reduce CO2 emissions and definition of a Green Bond with examples of eligible assets, the modalities of issue or purchase. The second part of the afternoon was dedicated to the information of our shareholders' meetings, financial schedule and the review)of our publications.